"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm MAD!!!

Yes. I am mad. You ever in one of those moods where you're just MAD? Well, I am tonight. All week long, I have been completely exhausted. Partly because of the nature of my profession, but it's partly my fault, too. Sunday night I stayed up way to late finishing a book (I was so close to the end!) and the I couldn't sleep because I was scared. Yeah, books scare me, sometime more than movies do. Have you ever seen The Sixth Sense? That's what this book was like, only worse, cause the images I saw were from my imagination and much worse than those in the movie. Anyway, I got about 4 or 5 hours of sleep Sunday night...a sorry comparison to my usual 8. Then, when I came home from work yesterday, I was exhausted again, and we had company. The company served to temporarily put me in a great mood (we had so much fun!) but after they all left, I was back in my slump. However, I did it again. Stayed up too late watching a TV show. Again 4-5 hours of sleep. Today I had parent visitation at school from 3-7, and when I got home I was looking forward to relaxing and doing nothing but watching a movie. I got home, changed into my most comfy pjs (which look terrible, but feel great...), and got ready to settle down for a good movie. I looked around for the laptop (yes, we watch movies on the laptop because we don't have cable or a working tv) and it wasn't there. IT WASN'T THERE! I then called my husband (who earlier today asked me to keep my phone on and close by during parent conferences just in case he needed to get in touch with me...). No answer. Called again a few minutes later. Again, no answer. I called for about 45 minutes, and NO ANSWER. By this time, I was pretty agitated. Finally, he picked up the phone. Told me that he'd left the laptop at the shop, which is understandable since I wasn't there to give him a ride to the bowling alley like I usually do. (He had to walk today...the fate of a one-car married couple...) So after getting off the phone with Taylor, I decided to just go the shop real quick and get the laptop. Stop in, get the computer, and then relax in my bed with my movie. Easy, right?! WRONG. I got here, got in (after jiggling the key a minute or so in the lock), picked up the computer, and walked out. Whole thing, about 35 seconds. Then, I tried to lock the door. No such luck. Again, tried to lock it. Nada. For FIFTEEN minutes, I stand on Main Street in front of the door of the shop in my grubby, old pjs trying to get my stupid key to lock the door. I can't just leave the door there unlocked at night. So what do I do? What am I doing right now? Sitting in the shop. By myself. At night. The shop which has been broken into before. Two nights after reading a really scary book. On the night I was supposed to be having a NICE, RELAXING EVENING AT HOME WATCHING A MOVIE!!!!! AHHHHHH! So now I'm waiting for Taylor to finish bowling (which, at my last check, will be about an hour from now...). Two police cars just raced by the shop with their sirens blaring. I really am not having the best time. I'll probably try again in another minute. I just had to stop and vent for a few minutes. I feel better now. Whew! Sorry to all who read this looking for a cheerful post! Maybe I'l be back to myself tomorrow night.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have entitled that post, "Sunny Side Down". I hope you are having a better day today.

Elliott

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Jerry James said...

I am mad too, because you didn't call me. It would have made me feel very "manly" to come and rescue my wonderful daughter-in-law from all her troubles.

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Jeff, I would have drop kicked you or something...or peed in my pants. Either way, you'd better be glad you didn't do that.

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

great post, as always. you crack me up! tee-hee! and the comments are as great as the post! :). . .if it makes you feel any better, tj has been seen on main street in his underwear. . .with the preacher! :). . .and i think he let a few cuss words slip (he was under the influence at the time! ) now there's an idea for a post, however i don't think tj would appreciate my memories.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Mark W. said...

Sorry for your unfortunate try at a relaxing movie night...but I have one question for you: What was that scary, scary book you finished??? Tell me, please, please, please??? I love those.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Mark - "The Lovely Bones". It may not be scary to everyone, but it was to me. I have a vivid imagination.

5:19 AM

 
Blogger Tammie S. said...

That sounds like a book I want to read- who's the author? Are you in a better mood now? I hope so, you are usually so sunny and warm. Next time call me and I will come up and keep you company.

2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home