"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's calling my name!


What is, you might ask? My bed. That's what. I LOVE MY BED, and I dare say that it loves me, too. Yes, people, I do. I think I say it every night when I crawl under the microsuede comforter in between the super-soft sheets and lay my head on my perfectly-soft-but-not-too-poofy pillow. Ah. It's got to be one of my favorite places in the world. I could stay in bed all day if I had the chance, only getting up occassionally for sustanance and to use the bathroom. (I've done this before.) So, why am I not in my bed now? Why am I not answering the call? I have the wonderfully portable laptop, and I just got home so Taylor's not here. Why am I not enjoying my favorite place in the world? Because, I'm afraid if I were to lay my head on my pillow for a split second this afternoon, I'd be gone for the night. I AM EXHAUSTED!

I'd forgotton until about a week ago how much teaching takes out of me. I feel like I've run a marathon today! Ooh, you know what would be a good experiment? I need to get a pedometer and wear it one day while I'm teaching to see how many miles I walk in a day. Hmm....maybe I'll do that. I bet it's a bunch. ;) All you in the teaching profession know what I'm talking about! I sat at my desk once during my lunch break and after school today AND THAT'S IT! Whew!

You can probably tell that my mind is mush right now because I'm just babbling. I don't know why I felt the need to blog in my current state, but I just thought it would be nice to update for all of you folks who haven't given up on me yet. Hopefully my body will get used to this teaching thing before too long and I'll be able to get back to my normal blog routine. Until then, bear with me, please!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark W. said...

Great pedometer idea...today was only day 5 of classes at the college, and even MY feet hurt.

Happy sleeping!

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Kristy said...

Keep up the great work. It won't be long before school is "routine" again and hopefully not so tiring. Hang in there!

9:45 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Hey, I'm not a teacher and school starting has worn ME out! I can only imagine what it's doing to you! lol I have to say I am not someone that enjoys sleeping.. I fight sleep almost as badly as Carter does.. stupid isn't it? It just seems like while I"m sleeping there is so much other stuff I could be doing that would be more fun. lol

12:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom has a pedometer. You should borrow it.

12:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Ann,
I know exhaustion from beginning the new school year very well. After 33 years in public school...it was always like that..for the first several weeks...in the bed with the chickens(if I had some)..and at the end of the year...same thing ..I sleep continually for a week. Now, with my retirement position of second grade at Grace Academy....only seven children..(same thing)
I was too tired to go with Dennis to see the "Travs" play their last game... I am still in my p.j.s at 11:33am on a Saturday. I may go back to bed...(I love my bed too..)
My best friend has been "yard sale-ing" since 6:00am...phewww...
Not this old gal!!!
..'Because I am older', you say...naw, I have done the same thing since my twenties....Just how our bodies deals with exhaustion. 'Go to bed', they may say...well some times you will be too tired to sleep.
Your routine will adjust as Kristy says...
Nighty..night..sweet dreams.ZZZzzz

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home