"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Gadgets

Today my yard looks better than it has in months. Taylor really pulled out all the stops and did a GREAT job on it! Now, Taylor has done a fair job in the past, but nothing like today. He's never had the excitement about it that he did today. There have been times when I've felt like a nagging wife when it comes to this issue. "Today looks like a good day to do the yard, huh Taylor?" Then a week later, "Will you please do the yard today, Taylor?" And yet another week later, "Taylor! Our yard looks TERRIBLE! You've GOT to mow!" Why the change today, then? Well, there's no mystery. He got a new yard gadget. Yesterday while I was at a workshop in Pine Bluff, my guy and Matt had a "man-breakfast". (Their term, not mine.) That's not all they did, though. After their meal, they went to Lowe's. I can just imagine the scene that unfolded.

They walk in, full from their hearty man-breakfast, chests puffed out with pride because, yes, they ARE men. They casually talk as they walk down the aisles, jokes being cracked here and there. Then, they both stop short. (Here, the camera slowly pans away from their face and up to the....ta-da!...Black and Decker Leaf Hog.)







The voices of angels sing and a light from heaven shines down upon this fine piece of manly equipment. They both walk toward it, and it's over. One of them is getting it today, and that's that.

So, being the wonderfully supportive and generous wife that I am, (and because Taylor's birthday is Friday and I hadn't gotten him a big gift yet) it was my husband's lucky day. He is now the proud owner of a new lawn gadget. Today, he used it like a pro. Drive by the house and check it out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

you're so funny! i love the story! :)

6:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a yard. I could be twice as manly if I had one. Then i too could beam at a manly job well done with a snazzy new yard gadget.

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Rosie said...

Lee ann, I'm so glad that you married such a manly man as taylor. Imagine where you would be if you had married someone who is not so manly as he. What a mess your yard would be then! Let us thank our lucky stars that we have married such men as Taylor and Phillip. Maybe at Thanksgiving they can get together and chew tobacco and talk about manly things like deer hunting and dove shoots. :)

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Taylor said...

Need I say More? or just sit back and shine? shine, baby shine.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Mark W. said...

Whew, there's a lot of testosterone sniffing going on here! Ech...sounds like someone needs to take the wife-beaters off and read my post on feminism, lest you resort to trading in your computer for a John Deere.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

lol!! Great post Leeann! Okay.. Clayton has a leaf blower too and oh was he proud of that when he got it! I have to say, Clayton really IS a manly man... he drips of testorone lol. (hunter, cop, woodworker, yard mower, etc) My manly man only lacks a riding mower.. can you believe he PUSH mows our over an acre yard? lol Poor thing!

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Jerry James said...

I really can't believe that your yard still looks that good a whole week later since Taylor worked on it.

5:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home