"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's happening...

Every year...well, last year...every illness my students got, I got. I was hoping that this year I would miraculously be immune to all the adolescent germs and not get sick. Ah, how naive of me. It's beginning this week. I've had a total of 7 kids out over the past 4 days sick with the same thing. They all complain in the beginning of having a headache. What have I had ALL day? A headache. Not just any headache, either. This one is a whopper. It's escalated in intensity throughout the day today. Right now my head is pounding. I hope I only get the headache part of this and not what followed for my kids!

On to better news...Taylor and I spent Labor Day weekend in Kansas with his family. We had a blast! We rode up there with his brother and sister-in-law...and their baby, Eli! Eli is about 9 months old and SO cute! He's got one tooth and is just beginning to stand up by himself without holding on to anything. He'll be walking before we know it! Taylor and I had a great time visiting with everyone up there. I can't wait till we go back next year!

A positive note to leave on...my second year teaching continues to be WAY better than my first! One thing that's better about the second year...I know people! My students from last year come back all the time to see me, and it makes me feel good! Last year, nobody came to see me, and it was kinda sad. But not this year! It's fun to see my old students again...and thank God that that've moved on to another grade. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Hooray that your students moved on! lol That sucks that you've got the crud.. we've all had it too.. as you could tell from my nearly lost voice the other night. :P Glad Kansas was fun!

9:51 PM

 
Blogger Diana Harton said...

Hope you are feeling better and didn't get sick.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

hey, this might not be the way to tell you, but i wanted to let you know i thought you did great this morning, i'm so glad you are willing to share verses that helped you through tough times, AND i especially love hearing how god speaks, and he really does if we just listen.

2:08 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Thanks, Brandi!

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home