"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Boring post alert!

Well, I guess it's about time for another post. How long has it been since the last one? Not yet a week, right? At least I'm doing a little better.

School's what's on my mind most this week. (What else is new, right?) It's still going strong. Testing is this week...blah. Nobody likes this week - everybody's stressed and irritable, kids and teachers alike. I'll be glad when it's over.

Next week should be a real kick - the week after testing and the week before spring break. What to do? I don't want to start anything new (spring break will push the delete button in their brains), but I have to do something! Any ideas?

Guess that's it for now. Not a very interesting post, I know. But, hey, at least I posted! Until next time...:)

9 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Nathan said...

Arts and crafts
Educational videos can almost always put kids to sleep
"Let's see how many times you can run from one end of the playground to the other ... go!"
The quiet game - Bluh.
Math worksheets - yeah!

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Lou Arnold said...

7 teaching days until Spring Break! I can't wait.

4:52 PM

 
Blogger Jerry James said...

Take Taylor to class for show and tell. He could make cupcakes and coffee. A day to remember.

9:37 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

lol!! Love Jerry's idea!! :) I definitely think you should take it easy the next week... omgosh I remember hating the teachers that would start new lessons the week before spring break! You're sooo right... "delete" button is a very accurate description. lol Not to mention it is so hard to focus on anything with the excitement of knowing you'll be out of school for an entire week soon, and that summer is right around the corner. :)

BTW it was great to see you guys last night! I was in a pretty crummy mood before y'all got there but was really cheery when we all left. You two always do that to me! It's great to have positive and upbeat friends when you're feeling rather grumpy lol

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Jerry James said...

Teach them math.
How many muffins could a muffin maker make if a muffin maker did make muffins. Have them sell the muffins to each other and make change.
Art.
Have them draw a picture of the "Muffin Maker"
Literature.
Write a short story about Taylor the Muffin Man.
English.
Write a letter home to their parents all about the Muffin Man or a news story for the paper.
Recess.
Play Muffin Catch or Dodge Muffin.
Science.
Will a muffin float? If so, for how long?
Or whatever else you want to teach them.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Wow. Thanks for all the great ideas, guys! I'm not going to use any of them, but thanks anyway! ;)

7:54 PM

 
Blogger Jerry James said...

OK. But I still want to know if a muffin will float.

9:41 PM

 
Blogger T J said...

Girl....don't I know the struggle. I am right there with you.

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home