"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 5?

Really? Does there have to be a day 5? I thought I was totally well yesterday. I even called the school yesterday and told them I'd be back today. I went to small group, and yeah, I was a little tired, but I felt fine. Maybe I did too much too soon.

Anyway, I woke up this morning with mucho congestion. Coughing and stopped up nose like you wouldn't believe. I was still going to brave it and try to go to school, but I got sick in the shower. Twice. Talk about GROSS. I guess all the congestion is making me nauseated, I don't know. Something's going on, though. I definitely don't think this is going-back-to-school condition. I had to call my principal again this morning to let her know that, no, I'm not coming back today. I was feeling so much better yesterday!

I'm hoping this is just a one-day thing, and I can go back tomorrow. I feel SO BAD for missing so much school - like, guilty or something. It's not like I can help it or it's my fault, but for some reason I feel like it is. Oh well. They don't want me there sick, right? Right. Here's to another day of recovery.

5 Comments:

Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

It's was nice to meet you Saturday at the shower....I hope I didn't give that crud to you.....Sorry.
I was told by a doctor that when you vomit,you are swallowing the phlegm while you are asleep-and that it never sits well on your stomach.Hope you get to feeling better!!

6:57 AM

 
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

Okay I just went back and read your previous posts and I did not give this to you..I only had the stopped up nose,sore throat and cough.

7:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are sick. Hope you're 100% well tomorrow. gari

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

oh, lee....i was glad you were feeling better, too. maybe this won't last much longer. i let my kids drink coke 24-7 because it was the only thing that made their tummies feel better. hang in there!

7:54 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Man girl that sucks. :P I was like that though with the flu. I'd THINK I was feeling better each night only to wake up super sick the next morning. I didn't eat much of anything for 7 days straight. (ESPECIALLY when I got congested.. it did make me really pukey lol) Even once I didn't feel sick anymore, it took me several more days to get over the exhaustion that comes with the flu.. I wouldn't rush it.. hopefully by Monday you'll be back to normal! :)

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home