"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Friday, February 16, 2007

On the Other Side

I think I'm finally coming out on the other side of this flu thing. I went to work today, and I survived! I even enjoyed it! My kids were so glad to see me back, and that felt really good. I was WAY exhausted when I got home today, though. I was supposed to join Taylor for a Pampered Chef show (which sold over $1,000 in products, by the way, which is REALLY good!), but I backed out when I realized how beat I was. I stayed in bed tonight watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which was fun.

So, the same thing happened this morning that happened yesterday morning. I woke up and I had all of this congestion and crud, and it made me sick. I threw up like six times before I walked out the door. But I wasn't feeling really sick or running a fever. And yesterday when I decided to stay home, I felt better by like 9:00. So I decided to just suck it up and go. I'm glad that I did. I would've felt very guilty if I'd stayed home again.

I felt so bad for my kids when I got to school this morning. There was a stack of work a mile high that they'd done the past four days. And it was all mainly busy work. But what can you do? I went easy on them today. We played a game and had lots of reading time...nothing to difficult. I don't think I was up to doing an involved lesson anyway. I stayed seated most of the day, and I STILL felt like I'd run a marathon by the end of the day!

You know what's really great, though. Eating food after having the flu. It's like each time I eat something new, I'm tasting it for the first time. I get so excited about eating the most normal things like chicken, apples, a bowl of cereal, a fried egg (I haven't had this one yet, but it's coming soon, and I can't wait!!!) The taste of foods that you like is SO much better after a diet of bread, chicken soup, and water for a week. It's a wonderful thing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

so glad you're feeling better! see ya at church!

8:06 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Hooray for feeling better! I hope the exhaustion and congestion leaves you soon.. that exhaustion was the hardest part for me b/c it lasted forever it seemed. :P I love what you said about getting to eat again... I know it! Notice how I CHOWED at the baby shower?! It was the first day I was HUNGRY in like 7 days lol.. I don't know what my excuse is now... I'm still chowing...

10:33 PM

 
Blogger Rosie said...

Just don't eat chinese for a while! YUCK!

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Well i'm glad you're ok.

I've tried to ring you at 7.45 in the morning, your time, hard to catch up with you with the time difference. When would be the best time to ring you?

talk to you soon, cheers

Mig

8:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home