"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day 3

Still sick. Has it really only been 3 days? I feel like I've been laying in this bed for a month. I've decided that tomorrow's the day I'm going to start getting better. Sounds good, right?

I did get some meds prescribed to me yesterday...an antibiotic and some decongestant with codeine in it. I took those last night, and I think they're helping a little. My throat is a tiny bit better, I think. I decided to stop taking the codeine. It knocked me OUT. I took it 3 times, I think...once every 6 hours...and I slept ALL day today. I mean, I've been awake a total of 30 minutes in an 18 hour period of time. It's been about 6 hours since I've had my last dose, and I think I'm starting to come out of it. I don't like that feeling. I'd rather hurt a little and be congested than be dead to the world. I woke up a couple of times, and I couldn't even walk in a straight line to the bathroom. No, thank you!

Symptoms were pretty much the same today. No nausea, which is great. Body aches and stopped up nose were worse today. So was the headache, but I have a feeling that has to do with the being drugged and sleeping nonstop thing. Throat still hurts...like I said, I'd like to think it's a little better. Ran fever all day...it never got above 100.5, but always stayed around 99.4 or 5. I had to call in sick to work again tomorrow. I never thought I'd be so ready to get back to work!

So, here's the plan. Everybody pray tonight for God to heal me and make me better so I can go back to work on Thursday. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

sounds EXACTLY like what my girls had (karis has escaped thus far). it was really rough on them...and me. not being able to help them feel better when that's what they are begging me to do, and not getting out of the house for so long. theirs lasted about 6 days with fever, then a few more before i stopped hearing complaints of soreness and being tired, or their appetite really returned. they still look pale and skinny! i hope you're better REALLY soon, i know how rough this particular strain is on the body. and i know yours is probably more complicated with the trying to keep your sugar level on top of the sickness. i'm thinking about you!

4:17 PM

 
Blogger T J said...

I hate to hear you are getting the crud. I hope you didn't get it from our household. Now you tell taylor he better be a man and hold your hair and rub your back as he whispers words of love and encouragement all while you are heaving your toes. I had to do it many times and am sure my day isn't over yet.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

haha! Taylor's got it easy with me. I don't want to be touched when I'm sick. Just let me know you're close by in case I need you to get me anything, but DON'T TOUCH ME!

12:10 AM

 
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

i'll admit tj held back my hair and was soooo good to me while i was pg with kynlee....i was terribly sick, got down to 91 pounds and had to be hospitalized. but that was 10 years ago. there have been MANY episodes since then, and he can't handle it or he'll throw up himself. i can't believe he wrote that! :)

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home