"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It is time...


...for Spring Break. There comes a point when you just know. It's TIME. The kids are getting on each other's nerves. I'm getting on their nerves. THEY'RE GETTING ON MY NERVES. It's time...and there are still 13 days to go. Oh, dear.

Today was the first day this year (thank the Lord!) that I've really lost my cool. It happened all the time last year. I had an especially feisty group of kiddos last year, and I just let some of them get to me! This year, however, has been much calmer. I don't know if the kids are better or if I'm just better at dealing with it, but I've kept my cool for most of the year. I've been pretty proud of myself.

My calm demeanor crashed and burned today, though. All week long it's been building up. The kids have been arguing with each other, and that really wears on your nerves, listening to it day after day. Today they decided to argue with ME, which is not cool. Oooh!!! I was so mad! Sometimes you just let anger get the better of you, you know? I'm not a parent, but I know enough parents and I've heard enough stories...I can imagine that this would be somewhat like what a parent feels when they lose their temper with their child. I lost it with my 22 children today! After my little meltdown, I felt so terrible. I kept thinking, "I could've handled it a better way." "I should've have done this instead." "I let them get to me...why did I let them get to me?"

Oh well. It's over and done now, I can't change it. Tomorrow's a new day, right? Only 13 more to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lou Arnold said...

I can't wait either. It will be here before you know it.

Glad it is just not my kids. They are wild and we just got done taking a a standardized basic skills test.

6:34 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Oh girl.. I'm sorry! Having just my two kids that typically don't fight.. but if they DO omgosh it drives me INSANE! Today they had one of those days. Madison has been in an AWFUL mood all week. Those stupid standardized tests are really wearing on her and it is all she can do to keep her cool all day at school I think, so at home she lets loose, in a bad way! I got pretty upset with her this evening... talked to her much more harshly than usual.. but to be honest she had it coming. lol Your kids probably had theirs coming too... everyone has a breaking point! If you JUST NOW lost it with them then you're my hero! :)

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home