"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Monday, January 08, 2007

2007

Okay...posting today because it's been WAAAY too. The new year celebrations have come and gone. It's 2007! That's just crazy. The whole new year thing was fun. Taylor and I spent the week after Christmas in Kansas City, MO with Taylor's family. It was great! His mom is officially moved in with Tarah up there, so hopefully we'll get to see her more often. After driving back, Taylor and I had friends over for New Year's Eve. It was very funny to me...everybody left by 10:00 p.m. All our friend have kids, so they could'nt really stay till midnight. It might seem a little depressing...here I am, 24, and the party's over at 10:00! I wasn't actually that disappointed, though...I was exhausted! And it was nice to ring in the new year with just me and Taylor.

New Year's Day, Taylor and I shampooed the carpet in our house. ALL of the carpet. (The only rooms in our house that don't have carpet are the 2 bathroom and the kitchen/dining room. It was a LOT of work, but definitely worth it. This is going to make me sound like a complete dork, but there's nothing better than dumping out all of that dirty water and thinking, "this is not in my carpet anymore!!!" That's my favorite part. I kind of enjoy shampooing carpets, when I don't have to move the furniture, that is. I did have to move it this time, though. That was the bad part. Taylor and I moved every piece of furniture (excluding the huge bookcase and the huge desk) out of every room. We even took apart the bed in our bedroom and moved it and our dressers out. But, hey, the carpet's clean!

School's back in full swing now. Most people started back today, but I've been going since last Tuesday, suckas! No fair. Actually, we got out a week earlier than everyone else, so it does make sense. It's going well so far, though. I'm getting to that point in the year when the Benchmark is coming up in April, and I still feel like we're NOT ready! There's so much left to cover, and it wouldn't hurt to practice what we've already done...blah. Ugh. I know I shouldn't worry about that stupid test, but so much rides on it. Okay! I'm not going to stress over it. We'll do fine.

I think I hear Grey's Anatomy calling my name. (I got the first 2 seasons for Christmas/birthday and I've been devouring them!) It won't be as long till I post next time as it was last time! I promise!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Lee, I am so glad to read a new post of yours! I have no room to get on to you, since I haven't posted in, like ten years, but I always really like reading your posts! YAY! You're back!

8:42 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

I still haven't seen your clean carpets... guessing next wednesday we'll start back with small group and I'll see it then! (it can stay clean for a bit at least.. before all of our kids stain it up again lol) I HATE shampooing carpet.. it is such hard work! However, the end result is so worth it! :)

7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home