"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Favorite Things

I'm stealing Suzanne's idea. Here are a few of MY favorite things...

1. Days when you have nothing you have to do

2. Nights when you look up at the clock again after reading and 2 hours (that felt like 10 min.) has passed

3. Taylor's curly hair

4. Hearing my students say, "Can we do that again?" after a lesson

5. Hearing my kitties purr when I pick them up

6. Going to the movie theater to watch a good movie

7. Diet Cherry Cokes from Sonic

8. Seeing mini-teachers - Adelyn helped me with the 2-4 yr olds at church last night, and she was such the little teacher! It warmed my heart!

9. My first time watching my nephews walk

10. Singing old hymns in church

11. Rolling down the windows and putting back the sunroof on beautiful days

12. good music

13. spending time with family

14. Watching Josh dance to just about any song and cough/wheeze when you say, "What does Mattie say?" (Mattie's their dog with respiratory problems...)

15. fried okra

16. going to friends' houses and playing games or just talking

17. hugging my mom and dad

18. seeing my sisters after weeks of not seeing them

19. the Charlie Browns song "Christmas Time is Here." I love how not-perfect their singing is!

20. buying a new outfit that I love

21. seeing Taylor's little punch and kick when he's bowling

21. watching Smallville till midnight with Tay

22. when little girls cry because they don't want to leave my arms (it happened last night!...it probably had nothing to do with me, but it still felt good.)

23. the feeling of accomplishment I have at the end of the school day when I leave the room totally ready for the next day

24. accidentally figuring out a gift that Taylor got me for Christmas every year (it's been 3 years in a row!)

25. the "Christmas" smell - you know what I'm talking about

I could go on and on, but I guess 25 is enough for now. Hope it made you think of things that make you happy!

4 Comments:

Blogger McDreamy said...

you mean there are people out there who have nothing to do? come here, and let me put you to work!!! (j/k)

i loved your list. i meant to put your list making on my list and forgot. you always make me smile! btw, does #6 have any specific reference? ;)

6:26 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Haha! You know it! Don't forget to ask me about that when I see you!

9:59 PM

 
Blogger McDreamy said...

c'mon, i know you're trying to finish up with school and all that important stuff, but we need new posts. more lists. more laughs, now!

11:00 PM

 
Blogger Rosie said...

Oooh, your sister misses you! I wish you were gonna be home next week!

8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home