"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Few Things...

1) Taylor and I finally went Christmas shopping yesterday. It was pretty much the perfect shopping trip for me. Usually, I HATE shopping. I don't see the point...whenever I go, I have my list, get in, and get out. That's exactly how it went yesterday. It was amazing! We got all our presents bought except for one. It feels so good to have that done! Now, if we could just get a Christmas tree...

2) Just now, logging in to my blog, I almost typed leeanncarter for my user name instead of leeannjames. It's still weird sometimes that my name is different! You'd think after over a year of marriage, I'd be used to it by now. Nope. Not that I don't like the new "James" part of my name, it's just, I was Carter for 21 years...that's kind of a long time. You all know what I mean. I just thought that was funny...it hasn't happened in a while.

3) I just saw a quiz on Mark W.'s blog that I decided to do. "What Kind of Reader are You?" I took the quiz, and it was fun. I was determined to be a "dedicated reader." I agree with that. Last night was proof of how dedicated I really am. We went to bed around 10, but I woke up at 2:45. After checking my blood sugar and getting some water (you know...normal middle of the night stuff...), I decided I was too awake to just fall back to sleep. So, I'd read a while. (I always read before I go to sleep...it's my bedtime ritual.) I was about halfway finished with a book I was reading, so I picked up where I'd left off a few hours before. I looked back up when I'd finished the book,and it was 5:00. It seemed like only 10 minutes had passed! That's what I love about reading...you can just get lost in it. So now I can start one of the three new books I bought for myself yesterday when I was supposed to be shopping for other people! (Oh, you know you do it too...) Here are the results from that quiz.

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader
 

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
 
Literate Good Citizen
 
Book Snob
 
Fad Reader
 
Non-Reader
 
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz



Final thought: Pray for me this week. It's definitely time for a break at school. My kids are going crazy, and that's making me go crazy! Last year, when I tought the class from you-know-where, I had nightmares almost every night about school. One night I dreamed that every student in my class got out an instrument (because apparently, they were all in the band) and started playing it. I couldn't make them stop, and the sound was deafening! Anyway...this year, I've only had one or two of those types of nightmares...until this week. This week, I've had about 3 of those dreams. All that to say, my kids and I definitely need a break. Pray that I will be patient and compassionate (AND keep a cool head and a normal blood pressure), but also just and fair in my classroom. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark W. said...

Cool list of thoughts. I'm glad you liked the reading quiz. I think it was pretty accurate for me.

You and your classes will be in our prayers...I know how crazy classes can get right at the end of the year, before break hits.

Thankfully, I have a great weapon to keep them in line...it's called FINALS! ;)

10:34 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Oh girl I feel for you on your class! I know how insane school was when I was in it during this time of year! The only time it was worse was the week before summer break! EEK! Definitely praying for you... nerves of steel upon you! Maybe when class starts tomorrow you should walk in, hold your hands up in the air, and say to the class loudly, "I shall not be shaken!" (was that it? lol)

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Good idea, Mandy! I'll try that tomorrow! :)

4:21 PM

 
Blogger McDreamy said...

howdy!!

i'm here!

you're there!

but at least we're communicatin' now!

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home