"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Presenting Narter!!!


Here she is, ladies and gentlemen. Our car!!! Isn't she a beaute. This picture was taken atop the North Mountain in Hot Springs. Taylor and I were on our anniversary trip, which was really fun.

We got there Friday night and ate at the Hamburger Barn (Burger Barn to the locals...one of which I used to be) in Arkadelphia. Then we went to WalMart and stocked up on orange juice and cereal. Then we went back to the room and watched a movie.

Saturday morning we got up around 9 and took a walk on one of the trails at the lodge. It went all the way around the island where lodge is. I really enjoyed that. Then we ate lunch at Cracker Barrel and were on our way to Hot Springs! We spent the majority of the day there, visiting the mountain tower (which Taylor had miraculously NEVER been on!...I grew up going to that tower!), walking down Bath House Row, seeing a movie (Cars...it was great!) and eating. We had dinner at a place called Brau House, and it was amazing. I'd been there once before in college, and I thought then that I needed to take Taylor there, because he'd love it. I was right! We had a great time, eating German cuisine and listening to the bluesy live music. We had a blast. We're definitely going back there!

We got home today around 2 and spent the afternoon unpacking and playing with Banjo. We both missed our kitty! (In a store in Hot Springs, there were 3 little kittens for sale...it was so hard not to buy one! Banjo almost had to say goodbye to his pampered, single-cat lifestyle.) We had a really great weekend! Year two begins tomorrow. :)

What an amazing year it has been. Since Taylor and I have gotten married, so many things have happened! We bought a house, a car, and several appliances and things for the house. Rosie and Phillip got married. Suzi had Josh. Amy (Taylor's sister-in-law) had Eli. I started and completed my first year as a teacher. We got a cat. And through it all, we've had the best time getting to know each other. I'm usually not cheesy or sentimental (for those of you who know us, that's Taylor's department...:)) but thinking about all that makes me really thankful that God blessed me with such a great partner in life. I can't imagine what my life would be without Taylor!

Okay...cheesy part over. On to positive things. 1)Trip was SO much fun! Definitely something we want to do again. 2) Our car is being taken tomorrow to have a moonroof installed! This will make it my dream car!!! 3) I get to see Rosie and Phillip in a couple of weeks again! 4) We finally got a printer hooked up to our computer this afternoon! (Taylor did it, actually.) 5) It stormed for a while today...which is not usually a positive experience for me. But, while it was just beginning, I was talking to Suzi P. and she made me realize that some people actually do like storms. It makes it better knowing that not everyone is deathly afraid of them like me.

'Till next time.

6 Comments:

Blogger McDreamy said...

YEA! NARTER!
i'm so glad to hear about your trip!

12:20 AM

 
Blogger Lou Arnold said...

Love Narter!

I am glad that your trip went great. Michael and I went to Hot Springs for our second anniversary trip. Actually is was slash my birthday/anniversary trip. We stayed in a bed and breakfast. It was expensive but was great. You ought to check into those. We stayed at the Williams House.

We also went to see Willie Nelson (that concert was really for my birthday though). I think Michael was ok with, he seemed to enjoy it.

Anyways, glad the trip went great. Good luck and Happy working toward year 2. We hit our 4-year mark on the 15th.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Narter is gorgeous!!!!! Makes me want to sell the van and get a car. ;) Your trip sounds wonderful... I'm glad Taylor got to experience the Tower.. did you hike up or drive? (you're big sissy's if you drove..we hiked carrying the kids! ugh..) Reading about your vaca makes me want to leave again! :) I am glad you're home now!

3:07 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Umm...Mandy, you hiked up the MOUNTAIN?!?!? I thought you meant you just took the stairs up the tower. You guys are INSANE! (And I am a big sissy. I'd never make it..especially with 2 kids! Bravo!)

4:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So . . . what did you all do over the weekend?

6:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful car! Camrys are great cars, they drive soo smooth. Congrats, I know that must feel good to have your own again.

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home