"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Monday, June 19, 2006

I've been a very busy bee!!!


Okay. Picture my face on that little bee's body. ;) It is definitely time for me to post. It's been so long! Actually, it's only been about 5 days, but that seems like forever, especially when I think of all that's happened since then. I kept Josh. He is SO much fun. I got to see some of his first steps! (It was the third time he'd taken steps that day.) I saw that on Thursday night. Friday, he didn't walk at all. I think he's still a little unsure and tentative about the whole thing. Once he figures out he can do it though, it's on. He will be into EVERYTHING. He is such a little boy. Mischevious, not afraid of anything. I was playing on the bed with him, and he just went crawling away, right for the edge of the bed, ninety to nothing. He really has NO fear. And he is SO cute. I just melt every time he smiles at me. I loved every minute of keeping him. He's such a good baby!

I did that Friday, and on Saturday, I got to see Rosie and Phillip! That was really fun. I'd really been missing them. Saturday afternoon, the whole family was there (like aunts and cousins and stuff), but that night it was just me, Taylor, Mom, Dad, Rose and Phillip. They told us all about their new job...they're loving it, by the way. They've been really busy since they've moved down there, but they're enjoying themselves. They taught us all the new games they've learned (you know, youth group type games) and that was fun. Actually, not really. It's those games where you have to figure out the rules or what's going on (like psychiatrist, if any of you know that game), and I am TERRIBLE at doing that! Taylor and Rosie and Phillip loved it, but I mainly enjoyed watching them. I know myself too well to play games like that. I'll get frustrated and make a fool of myself, so I refrained from the festivities. We had a really good time seeing them.

Yesterday, Father's Day, we went to Little Rock to spend the day with Taylor's family. His brother and sister-in-law have a new baby (fairly new...I think he's 5 or 6 months old now) so we wanted to celebrate Nathan being a new daddy, and Taylor's dad. We had a really good time there, too. I made dessert, and everybody liked it! I was amazed.

Then today, I had another busy day! Jonah has been sick since Thursday (poor thing!), and Suzanne took him to his doctor today in PB. I watched Noah and Gracie while they were gone. They were really good, and we had a great time! I have a new respect for any parent now! Keeping Josh last week and the Parkers today...kids are hard work! We did have a good time today, and Noah and Grace gave me lots of good laughs. They're a riot! Several times, I told Noah we could do something, and he'd look at me very doubrfully like, "Are you sure?" and say, "Okay. Whatever you say..." like he knew better but was going to do it because I told him it was okay. He's so cute. And Grace did this slurping thing all day...Suzanne said it was a new thing when I told her about it. We played outside and in the water and Noah had a bath and we watched movies...it was quite a day!

Tomorrow, I'm planning on doing a few things, but nothing like the past week! I think I'm going to try to get tape up in the hall and bathroom, and possibly do some painting. I'm really ready to get rid of our so-bright-it-gives-me-a-headache orange bathroom. (Sorry, Taylor!) I've not liked it since the day I painted it that color for him. He's being really great about it, though.

So, there's my update! Now, I'm going to rest!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange is my favorite color. However, there was a definite agreement on all of the colors in our house. So let it be know that I am about as equally unattached to the color as anyone else is. Let it also be known that the first color was just fine with me. It wasn't my idea to paint it to begin with. Thank you very much.

9:08 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

You have been busy!! I am so glad you got to spend so much time with family.. that's great! You need to put up more pics of Josh on your blogg! Feed my baby fever. :) Great the Rosie and Phillip are doing so well.. man I wish they could take a week and come back "home" so we could all visit! Send them our love! And.. if you want a break from the orange.. come to our house.. the ONLY 'color' clayton liked was called "White Sands".. which is barely even beige! Without the white trim.. it looks white to me! I just now like it to be honest.. I think it grew on me! :)

12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home