"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Being sick is no fun!


I hate being sick. I was all day yesterday, and it was NO FUN. At first I thought it was nothing, but as the day progressed, it got worse and worse. Finally I caved in and had my doctor call in some meds for me. That made it better, but still I woke up several times last night sick. Yuck. This morning I'm feeling much better. I still don't feel 100% though...probably because it's been about 24 hours since I've eaten anything. The worst part about being sick yesterday? I didn't get to keep Josh today. I was SO looking forward to that! His daddy (Tommy) took off work today to keep him. I'm going up later this afternoon, so I'll be able to keep him tomorrow. I guess one day is better than none, huh?

We had the small group at our house last night. If I'd realized how sick I was, I would've cancelled it or moved it somewhere else, but it was too late by the time I thought about it. I holed up in my room while everybody else was having fun outside. It was pretty funny...every once in a while, I'd catch a little of the chaos. I'd hear a kid screaming or knocking something around. I love our group. And Mandy, I don't know if you messed up our house or not. Taylor had it all clean by the time I was up and around this morning. Isn't he great?

So, there it is. My first non-positive post. But, never fear! I'm sure I can pull something positive out of yesterday. Let's see. I have a great family. ;) You realize things like this when they come through for you. Taylor was great during my sickness. He's learned that when I'm sick, I just want to be left alone, checked on occassionally to see if I'm still alive or need anything. My mom picked up my medicine and came all the way over here from Warren to bring it to me. Another positive thing...I got flowers yesterday! I haven't gotten flowers in a long time. Suzanne gave them to me. I watched her kids yesterday morning, and by the time Suz got back, I was feeling pretty crummy. She sent me flowers to brighten my day! (I really hope I didn't get your kids sick, Suzanne!) The flowers are so pretty! 2 red gerber daisies in a bright green vase. I love it! And I really enjoyed keeping her kids, despite feeling bad. They're such cool kids! My favorite moment from yesterday - We were outside playing around 10:30, and Jonah said, "You've been here ALL DAY LONG." I said, "It's not even lunch yet! Your mom was really tired, so I'm watching you so she can rest." Then he said, with that huge smile of his, "That's okay. I haven't gotten tired of you being here." He's so cute. They were really well-behaved too, Suzanne.

I'm fixing to be on my way to Conway! Josh, here I come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

You've been tagged. View my blog to see the excitement.

6:11 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

So glad you're on the mend! I was so sad for you when we were all out there chit chatting and you were sick alone in your room! That's great that Taylor had the house all clean for you. :) Clayton is exactly that way too.. if I'm sick he's like super dad. (if I"m really sick.. if it's a cold he acts like I'm faking it or something...) It's nice to have a great partner in life! Hope our next group is much better for you! How was keeping Josh?! Did you see Rose and Phillip?! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! :)

10:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home