"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The End of an Era


I just finished reading the last book in the Harry Potter series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". I cried through the whole last 100 pages of the book! Half of the reason I cried was because of what was happening in the book - the other half, I think, was because it's over. It's over. For the last 7 years of my life, there has always been a new Harry Potter book to look forward to. Always, I could wonder what was going to happen next. Would Harry defeat Voldomort in the end? Would Ron and Hermione get together? Was Snape good or bad? Does Harry DIE?!?! Now, I have no more questions. All of them have been answered. How sad! However, I couldn't have asked for a better ending to the series. It was just...perfect. All of you are probably thinking what a weirdo I am to be mourning like this over the end of a series, and maybe you're right, but I can't help it! They were just great books, and I'm going to miss the anticipation of waiting for the next one. Although, my dad thinks that this will not be the last one. I disagree with him, but who knows? All I know is I have enjoyed the last 7 years with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and all the other characters, and I will miss them immensly. (Wow, I do sound kinda like a weirdo, don't I?) ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smiled and laughed out loud at your entry. I got my pre-order in the mail from Amazon the other day, and am eagerly waiting to devour it next... I think.

I know that as soon as I read it, I will be in the predicament that you're in. I identified with you about the sense of loss and finality that comes when an epic story is brought to conclusion.

I felt that way upon finishing Lord of the Rings many years ago and the Narnia series. Even a great Grisham will do that for me.

Let me know what your next reading series becomes.

7:21 AM

 
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

Me too-I miss Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings...I will surely feel the same about Potter...(although you could hook a sista up and answer the question everyone has been dying to know......in secret though cause I dont want to ruin it for everyone...pretty please?)LOLOLOLTeehee hee

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

K.T. - I can't believe you would ask me to do that! How awful! The ONLY way I can help you is lend you the books and let you find out for yourself. It's no fun if somebody tells you the end! ;)

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHA Yes I have no shame.....tee hee hee

12:53 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

I'm the same way.. I can't let go of ANYTHING! I always get sad when a good series ends! (like having babies.. lol)

7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home