"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Monday, June 18, 2007

Pink Tomato Paradise


As most of you know, I grew up in Warren, which means I have an innate love in my heart for lumberjacks, tall pines, and pink tomatoes. All year long I anxiously await the few short summer weeks when I (and my lucky friends with whom I choose to share) am able to experience the pure joy and exhiliration that comes from biting into what can only be called the BEST tomato in the world. Friday, my waiting was over. I got a box of South Arkansas Vine Ripe Pink Tomatoes, and Taylor and I have been feasting on them since. I have at least one (most the time two or three) a day, and I enjoy every bite. I choose to eat mine with salt, and Taylor likes his with salt and pepper. We've eaten most of them just by themselves, but we did make BLTs on Saturday afternoon that were YUMMY! Some of you may think that my obsession with these fruits (or are they vegetables...or both?) is a little odd. If you've never tasted these tomatoes, of course you wouldn't understand. And if you have tasted them...well, I'm sure you're as obsessed as I am. If you haven't yet had the chance to enjoy these wonderful products of God's creation, be really nice to me this week. I might give you one. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Jerry James said...

Lee Ann,
Can I be your friend?
Jerry

6:22 PM

 
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

yes...obsessed...and happy that i'm a friend! and there is NOTHING better than the first blt of the year!

9:17 PM

 
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

I lived in Warren for a couple of years...I remember the teenagers all having the summer jobs at the tomato sheds....I must say Warren has alot of pride in their town and their fruits.:D

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Brittany said...

Oh, you know I am all about some Bradley County tomatoes! In fact, I finally got some this past weekend, myself. And they are oh so good!

Remember working at my grandma's tomato shed? You'd think as much as I worked in tomatoes, I would hate them. But I don't!

10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

has it already been a year?!

10:47 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Michael could've written the first sentence of this post.

He is black & orange all the way, and a tomato lovin' fool!

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

You know I'd share mine with you... ;)

And.. they're a fruit... anything with seeds is technically a fruit.. yes, even cucumbers. lol Leaves the veggie group pretty small right? Lettuce, carrots, potatoes...

Enjoy your tomatoes!!

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Mom of these kids said...

Oh...never thought I would say this..... those Tomatoes make me miss Warren!

1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home