"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm melting, I'm melting!

These famous words were screeched by none other than the Wicked Witch of the West as she was melting away into oblivion. You remember? (Can't you just hear her voice in your head?) I feel that if my summer vacation could talk, (ah, if only...) it would utter these same words of defeat. It's getting smaller and smaller by the minute! Last week I had two more weeks left...and many of the days were going to be free days - nothing to do but enjoy my rapidly disappearing summer. But, alas, this was not to be. Suzi called me last weekend and asked if I could keep Josh again Monday and Tuesday of this week. Of course, I said yes, but now my free days this week are gone! Oh, the horror!

I really did enjoy keeping Josh, though. I won't bore you with the details of all that happened this weekend. I'll just mention two new things that Josh is doing. First, he's got a new dance step: the moonwalk! (Okay, he doesn't do it when he dances, and it's really just walking backwards, but moonwalking sounds funny, right?) He always gets this silly grin on his face when he does it. He'll start in one place and take tiny, fast steps backwards. Then, he'll run back up and do it over again! Hilarious! Also, he's started this thing where he'll crawl on the floor with his forehead down on the carpet. He just crawls toward the couch or the wall or something, dragging his head facedown on the carpet until his head hits whatever it is he's headed for. Then he bursts out laughing! That kid is a trip!

It's late, so I'm going to stop now. In the words of Josh, "night-night bye-bye!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Carter STILL does the rub his head on the floor while crawling thing! In fact he did it right off of OUR bed this afternoon when he was playing with madison! (ack!) Josh sounds like such a doll.. I love that age! (but I like most ages.. 3 I could skip lol)

I'm excited to see you tonight! I was just thinking that I just do not get to see LeeAnn and Taylor enough! We should find a solution to this problem asap ;)

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home