"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Friday, July 28, 2006

Another Crazy One

Last night I had another crazy dream. I'd love anyone's interpretation!

I was at a teacher conference. (No surprise that this was the setting, since it was my LIFE last week.) Lot of people were there with me - friends from high school and college. The only ones who happened to be teachers in real life were Amanda G. and my roommate from college, Audra. Lindy was also there, as well as some lady I met in my workshops last week (I don't even know her name!) and a guy from high school who I never even THOUGHT about dating. (This will make sense in a minute.)

So, we were all there in this conference. There were hundreds of other people there. I don't know why, but I agreed to babysit for Gracie on this day, so she was there with me. We sat through a morning of workshops and then proceeded to lunch at the Subway across the street. (I ate supper at Subway last night! Isn't it funny how little nothing-details creep into your dreams like that?) We sat down to eat (I ordered a 6-in. tuna sub on wheat), and this guy from high school starts rubbing my knee under the table! WEIRD! I was thinking, "Okay, this guys KNOWS I'm married, WHAT is he DOING?" So I left Subway with Grace to get in line for the next workshop. Which, by the way, we had to get tickets for. I got in front of the building where the conference was, and I saw this mob of women running for the ticket booth! I wanted to beat the crowd, so I LEFT GRACE WAITING IN THE PARKING LOT while I ran for the tickets. (I woke up thinking, WHAT?!?! But in my dream it seemed like not a big deal.) I barely beat the stampeding women and got my tickets. I made my way back to Grace, and there she was, napping. I picked her up and we went inside.

Isn't that crazy? The things that go on in my mind...

8 Comments:

Blogger McDreamy said...

i'm not sure you're EVER sitting for gracie again!!!

i'm just kidding, but i will be sure that i don't ask you to while you're in the middle of a teacher conference, with a weirdo hitting on you when you don't already have tickets! :)

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

are you pregnant? ;) I always had dreams that guys i used to know were trying to date me when I was pregnant and in my dreams I'd tell them, "but look at me! I'm pregnant AND married!" CRAZY!

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Brittany said...

Actually I've had dreams like that too! What I want to know is, who was the guy?

3:57 PM

 
Blogger Angelina said...

I will agree with Mandy. The "leaving the kid" dreams always come when I am pregnant.

4:58 PM

 
Blogger Lou Arnold said...

So you had to have tickets for a workshop and you left Grace in the parking lot to get them. Remind me not to let you watch Ashton. :)

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Haha! Nope, I'm 100% sure that I'm not pregnant. So, if my dreams are like this now, what will they be like when I AM?

12:57 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

More crazy and more realistic! lol

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Mark W. said...

THE "true" interpretation: The dream was a subconscious encouragement to express your anxiety about having a child and for the purpose of receiving advice and consolation from others. All of this appears to have been accomplished in your post, which means that you are now a step closer to exactly what all the comments seems to be encouraging, hoping for...your dream was a subconscious desire for pregnancy...isn't that obvious?
:)

2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home