"Keep on the sunny side of life."

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I miss my sis! (and Phillip too)

Well, we're back from good ole AL. Alabama reminded me a lot of AR. The crazy humidity, the blistering heat, the weirdo weather - raining one minute, sunshiny the next. I think Rose and Phillip will feel right at home there.

Several people commented wanting me to tell them about Phil's new job, so I'm just going to post about it. He's a youth minister at Camden Baptist Church in Camden, Alabama. Camden reminds me so much of Warren, and their church reminds me so much of the church we grew up at in Warren. Everybody was so nice and genuine - ready and willing to help. When we got there, there was a fresh loaf of bread waiting for us in the kitchen of the house Rose & Phillip are renting. The next morning when we started unpacking, people from church showed up and helped us - it was amazing! We got the bulk of it done in about 30 - 40 minutes. Their landlord - a really sweet old lady who lives across the street - came over and met us, as did the pastor and his family. More neighbors who also go to the church invited us over for grilled hamburgers that night. I was just really loving all the generosity and service I saw from these people. Rose and Phillip are going to fit right in. The neighbors whose house we went to for supper are amazing. I was glad my mom went and got to meet these people - especially the woman, Donna. I think mom feels a lot better about leaving Rose there now because Donna's going to watch out for her. Suzanne P. - when I met Donna I thought of you! They have 5 kids, and LOVE it! Their kids are 11, 12, 17, 18, and 20. 3 boys and 2 girls. She is the sweetest woman, and she reassured mom that they would take Rose in like their own. I could tell mom was really relieved. I know it's got to be hard for her - her baby moving 6 hours away. It makes me tear up again thinking about it. I'm glad we're not going to be there tomorrow to see them say goodbye. Man - tough. Anyway - I am so peaceful now about where Rose and Phillip are, and I think God is going to use them in great ways there. I'm going to miss them terribly, but it makes it easier knowing that they're in a place like that.

Positive things about today. I was with my family for most of the day. Also, Taylor and I had a good time driving the 6 hours back from Camden. Ask us about it if you see us - funny stories there. Plus - holiday tommorow! Sleep! No work!

Before I leave - I must take care of something. I'm officially declaring a truce between myself and the Civic. It took wonderful care of us this weekend. So, there you go. No more derogatory comments about the standard. I love it now...okay, maybe not LOVE, but I like it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Thanks! We are so excited. We're going to do the nursery in baseball! I wanted something more original, but I just couldn't come up with anything that I liked that suited our personalities. Plus, Shaun and I both love baseball anyway. Tell Rosie and Phillip that I'm excited for them. I know how hard it is to be away from your family. But that's the life of ministry! I miss you and I love you!!!!

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Oh I know you must miss them so much! Thank the Lord they are in such a wonderful place though, and you know that anyone Rose meets, falls in love with her so I think she'll quickly have a great group of friends! What's their new place like? Better than married housing I bet. :) I'm so happy for the two of them! Glad you guys made it back safely, we all have to get together soon so you can tell me all about the trip home!

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home